Sunday, 21 December 2014

Blog Tour: Inspire by Cora Carmack Review

Hi Everyone!!

I am so happy to be a part of the Inspire by Cora Carmack blog tour because I am a huge fan of Cora!!

Kalliope lives with one purpose.

To inspire.
As an immortal muse, she doesn’t have any other choice. It’s part of how she was made. Musicians, artists, actors—they use her to advance their art, and she uses them to survive. She moves from one artist to the next, never staying long enough to get attached. But all she wants is a different life— a normal one. She’s spent thousands of years living lie after lie, and now she’s ready for something real.

Sweet, sexy, and steady, Wilder Bell feels more real than anything else in her long existence. And most importantly… he’s not an artist. He doesn’t want her for her ability. But she can’t turn off the way she influences people, not even to save a man she might love. Because in small doses, she can help make something beautiful, but her ability has just as much capacity to destroy as it does to create. The longer she stays, the more obsessed Wilder will become. It’s happened before, and it never turns out well for the mortal.

Her presence may inspire genius.

But it breeds madness, too.

 
Title: Inspire
Author: Cora Carmack
Publisher: InkSlinger PR

Review
It is absolutely no secret that Cora Carmack is one of my go to authors. There seriously hasn’t been a book of hers that I have read that I haven’t enjoyed. So naturally when I first saw the description for Inspire I was completely enthralled by the idea of a different type of genre by the always-lovely Cora Carmack!
Whenever I hear or see the word Muse my mind immediately goes to the Muses from Hercules (yes I am a Disney lover) however I never stopped to think about what type of life they must live. Reading through Kalliope’s eyes as a Muse opened my own to the fact that being all mystical and mythological might not be all it’s cracked up to be.  There is a distinct line between Kalli opening up some one up to their full potential and bringing them to the point of madness. This is the struggle she has to face every day of her life, thus her need to move from place to place-and it doesn’t help that Kalli never ages. All throughout this novel Kalli tries to do best by everyone in her life, however she doesn’t count on a certain sexy guy entering her life.

Wilder. What can I say about Wilder other than damn that man is sexy? He is well and truly one of the good guys who I would definitely want in my life.  I absolutely love how we get to read from Wilder’s point of view, he is definitely a welcome addition to the story.  I can say that I think I felt more connected to Wilder then any another character within this book.

The connection between Kalli and Wilder was hot. I thought their scenes just sizzled of the page, and they just worked together so well. All their scenes were intense and sweet and just amazing.

The plot, whilst a bit slow at the start is fast paced and there was no point in the book where I wanted to put it down. I was anxious to turn to the next page every step of the way. Inspire isn’t like any other New Adult book I have read and is a welcome addition to the whole genre. I love the idea of different Muses throughout the world creating and enabling different aspects of life, not just creativity.

That ending though. I wanted to SCREAM at my tablet. I had tears in my eyes and was just like “no, no this cannot be happening” whilst I was reading the final pages! I have to say-be prepared when reading this novel!
Author Cora Carmack has wowed me with her wonderful new book Inspire. It is definitely up there with Losing It as my favourite book written by this amazing author. I can’t wait to see what she brings with Inflict releasing in 2015.

I am extremely happy to give Inspire 5 out of 5 stars!

*Thank you InkSlinger PR for the review copy in exchange for my honest review*

Giveaway!!

a Rafflecopter giveaway


About Cora Carmack:
Cora Carmack is a twenty-something writer who likes to write about twenty-something characters. She's done a multitude of things in her life-- boring jobs (like working retail), Fun jobs (like working in a theatre), stressful jobs (like teaching), and dream jobs (like writing). She enjoys placing her characters in the most awkward situations possible, and then trying to help them get a boyfriend out of it. Awkward people need love, too. Her first book, LOSING IT, was a New York Times and USA Today bestseller.

Links:

1 comment:

  1. I would influence people to lend me free books. Is that a bad thing???

    ReplyDelete