Friday, 24 October 2014

Firebird Event: A Thousand Pieces of You Playlist

Hi Everyone!

I’m so sorry for the lack of posts, university assignments got in the way and then I lost all my profile posts (Why must technology hate me). So since they took a while I’ve decided to move up the Playlist post and see how things go with the character profiles.




So for today's Firebird Event Post it's all about music. I adore music. When I read I'll always have music on in the background and often I'll choose a song that I think fits with the book that I am reading. There are 4 songs I believe really fit A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray.

Claudia Gray mentioned Breathe of Life by Florence + The Machine and after listening to this song a couple of times I can understand why this would fit A Thousand Pieces of You.



Considering that A Thousand Pieces of You deals with multiple universes I found that I was listening to Beneath Your Beautiful by Labrinth and Emeli Sandè as Marguerite is searching for the truth behind the beauty of the different worlds around her and also the people she is involved with. And I just seriously love this song.



When Marguerite is trying to come to terms with the death of her father and how her world has changed so drastically she is also trying to keep moving and do whatever she can to find out the truth. I believe that Just Keep Breathing by We The Kings would fit this time perfectly.




I think a general song for the book, which can be relevant for many parts, is Almost Everything by Wakey! Wakey! These lyrics “It feels bad now but it's gonna get better” resonated within A Thousand Pieces of You.



a Rafflecopter giveaway
What songs do you think would fit A Thousand Pieces of You?

1 comment:

  1. I love Florance and the Machine. They're actually a good choice for most storylines I think and their lyrics tend to tell a story more than just producing hit songs. Anything that's uplifting and tells the story of hope through adversity, awesome choices <3

    ReplyDelete