Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #3

Hi Everyone!

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. Each week bloggers highlight the books that they are highly anticipating.

The book I anxiously awaiting this week is The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy #1)


Title: The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy #1)

Author: Marie Rutkoski

Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux BYR

Release Date: March 4th

Goodreads Synopsis:

Winning what you want may cost you everything you love 

As a general’s daughter in a vast empire that revels in war and enslaves those it conquers, seventeen-year-old Kestrel has two choices: she can join the military or get married. But Kestrel has other intentions. 

One day, she is startled to find a kindred spirit in a young slave up for auction. Arin’s eyes seem to defy everything and everyone. Following her instinct, Kestrel buys him—with unexpected consequences. It’s not long before she has to hide her growing love for Arin. 

But he, too, has a secret, and Kestrel quickly learns that the price she paid for a fellow human is much higher than she ever could have imagined. 

Set in a richly imagined new world, The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski is a story of deadly games where everything is at stake, and the gamble is whether you will keep your head or lose your heart.

Does this not seriously sound AMAZING?!! I've seen so many people on Goodreads and twitter who have loved this book and I can see why. I am desperate to have this in my hands, March is way too far away but since it will be in my birthday month I'll get as a gift to me from me! And that cover. I AM IN LOVE WITH THAT COVER. Even if I didn't love the blurb like I do I would probably buy this book anyway just for this cover.

What are you waiting on this week?



17 comments:

  1. I've heard so much about this book in the past week or so! It makes me even more excited to read it :)
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really has picked up this week! Thanks Richa :)

      Delete
  2. Great pick. I love this cover so much and I like the packaging as well. I've seen it around some book hauls and it's just great. Hope you get a copy soon.

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pick, very much looking forward to this one myself! Heard many good things, let's hope it lives up to expectations! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I have only seen good thing so fingers crossed!

      Delete
  4. Wow! I have not heard about this one but it sounds soooo good! Great pick, super excited to see this one! Happy Wednesday!

    Jenn @ Tale of Two Doxies
    Waiting on Wednesday: Year of Mistaken Discoveries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenn! This has been a recent discovery for me as well :)

      Delete
  5. I was actually at this last night, I so added this to my TBR. I hope we both enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by!

    Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pick. I've been seeing a lot if recommendations for this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been going around a lot lately, thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. This sounds really interesting. Can't believe I hadn't heard of it. Guess I'll have to add it to my TBR list now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really notice this one until I saw it popping up everywhere on twitter! I hope you enjoy it when it releases :)

      Delete
  8. Ooh, I've never heard of this book before, nor seen a cover like this one! Sounds like The Winner's Curse has much potential for conflict. Adding this one to my TBR list (:

    Sherlyn @ Mermaid with a Book

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still haven't read this one. Sounds awesome and judging from all the reviews it lives up to the expectations!

    ReplyDelete