Thursday, 30 January 2014

The Fault in Our Stars Trailer

Hello There!

The Fault in Our Stars is a young adult novel written by amazing author John Green and the first of his work that I have ever read and one of the few books that has reduced me to crying so much I had to stop reading, take a breath, dry my eyes and clean my glasses because I could honestly not see through them anymore because of my tears!! Without a doubt I loved this book.

I was even lucky enough to get a signed copy from my book shop, Dymocks!! Thanks John Green for signing copies! (Sorry for the crappy quality, I had use my ipod since I no longer have my camera)




And then we heard news that TFiOs was going to be adapted to the big screen and all I could think of was YES!! FINALLY! And then-oh dear goodness I am going to be a mess of tears in front of everyone in the cinema. 

Since the announcement we have been teased by cast news, set pictures, interviews, a mini teaser on John Green's Instagram account and now finally we get a trailer!

Here it is:




My Reaction:
I was a mess watching this. I've honestly only read the book once because I have never been in a place where I could handle how emotionally driven TFiOS, yet I could recognize all the quotes spoken. I don't think I have anticipated a movie TRAILER as much I as I did for TFiOS. So when I finally saw it I broke. I was crying and, trust me, it was not a pretty sight! I was also in shock and awe of how, in my opinion, both Shailene Woodley and Ansel Elgort captured Hazel and Gus perfectly within the two minutes that we saw. I originally was one of the people who was not totally swayed by the casting when it originally was released but was reserving judgement until I saw a trailer but now I can't even picture anyone else as these beloved two characters. This can seem like a pretty extreme reaction to a trailer but I know fans of the book, author and fellow emotional people can understand. 

Since I live in Australia I, among others, had to wait for a link to be posted to watch the official trailer. When the Today Show premiered the trailer it was 12.30am and that was fine because I was thinking that the link would go up shortly after. But then it didn't. I kept refreshing my twitter feed, hoping it would pop up. I waited until 3am before I finally caved because I had to be up in 3 hours! But I never would have made it that long if it wasn't for Penguin Teen Australia's reworking of the songs Royals, Tangled's I See The Light and Wrecking Ball to fit to the waiting of the TFiOS trailer as well as Jaz, my awesome twitter buddy and fellow Aussie blogger! Thank you both!! *Squishes*

I absolutely cannot wait for this movie! What did you guys think of the trailer?

6 comments:

  1. I still have to read this book, I know epic fail on my part, but I will definitely get to a copy before the film releases. I understand how you feel at first when a cast for a book you loved doesn't live up to your expectations, but I'm glad that this trailer has left a great impression with you Pavan. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did! Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  2. I've only recently read TFIOS in preparation for the movie's release, but I LOVED IT! Can't believe I waited to long. Adore this trailer--fingers crossed they do a good job! Super excited for this movie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you loved it!!! And I'm super excited as well :)

      Delete
  3. This looks soooo good! I didn't even know they were making this into a movie. I have a copy of TFIOS but I still haven't read it. I'm certain I'll be a puddle of mush if I do! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy TFIOS when/if you get to it! No one would blame you for being a puddle of mush haha

      Delete